Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Brief Update

Wow! It has been a busy few months since I wrote last. After coming in 8th at the US Mountain Running Championships, I had my mind set on Ironman Lake Placid hoping, beyond hope, that a top place would allow me to qualify for the World Ironman Championships at Kona. You can read Danny's summary here (I promise I will write a race report soon).

 As you probably know, despite my win, I came up a few points short which meant I had to have a quick turn-around to prepare for Ironman Mont Tremblant three weeks later. Yikes!

Mont Tremblant was tough! I gave it my all on tired legs and am happy with my second place finish. (I promise I will write a race report soon for this one too). The points I got from that race was enough to secure a Kona race start so I am doubly happy because of that.

Until I get around to writing up something, here's the official Ironman video with a quick little synopsis.


Just wanted to let everyone know I am still alive and on my way to recovery with my sights set on Kona in October. Yippee!






Just in case it is a while before I write again, always make sure to check out the blog I share with Danny as he is more consistent with his reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings!
Thank you for reading Amber's blog and considering posting a comment. Please know that if you write rude, negative, or just plain crazy comments, I will remove them and Amber will not get a chance to read them. For everyone else, comment away!

-Blog moderator